Working as a Building and Plumbing Labourer
Average salary: $40,000 - $60,000
Building and Plumbing labourers can perform a variety of routine tasks, such as maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage systems, excavating earth and clearing and levelling sites, installing and maintaining piping systems, fixtures and water regulators.
If you’re fit, able and ready to work hard and learn, then working as a Building and Plumbing Labourer might be the right choice for you.
- Loading, unloading and transportation of building and construction materials, tools and equipment
- Erecting and dismantling temporary structures
- Mixing, pouring and spreading concrete, plaster and mortar
- Digging holes, spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand
- Assisting with pipes, valves and fittings
- Assisting with installing fixtures
Experience and qualifications
- You do not need any formal qualifications to work as a Building and Plumbing Labourer, however you may be required to get a national police check and hold a construction induction card (white card).
- Labouring skills
- Plumbing and building skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Able to follow instruction