Working as a Cafe Worker
Average salary: $25,000 - $55,000
Us Australians love a good cafe brunch, and it shows, as the cafe industry is booming with jobs aplenty to be found and secured.
If you’re comfortable with multitasking, being on your feet and working in hospitality, a Cafe Worker role might be worth exploring.
- Making, selling and serving food and beverage items and products
- Taking orders, and relaying those to other staff members
- Operating cash registers, EFTPOS machines and preparing sales invoices
- Cleaning and preparing tables and workspaces
- Washing dishes, equipment, surfaces and utensils
- Participating in stocktake
- Providing support to other staff members
Experience and qualifications
- No formal qualifications are required to work as a Cafe Worker, however previous experience will put you ahead. Some on the job training may be provided.
- Hospitality skills
- Organisational skills
- Customer service and communication skills
- Food preparation skills
- Great at multitasking