Working as a Food Trades Assistant
Average salary: $45,000 - $55,0000
Without Food Trades Assistants, there’d be no one to support Food Trades Workers by performing routine food preparation, cleaning and storage tasks.
If you’re looking to dip your feet into the world of hospitality, and gain some practical skills for a future culinary career, a food trades assistant might be right for you.
- Support Food Trade Workers
- Food preparation
- Preparing equipment, such as pots and pans, to be ready for cooking and serving
- Keeping work areas clean and sanitary
- Storing food, equipment, utensils and supplies, safely and hygienically
- Informing Food Trade Workers when food supplies are low
Experience and qualifications
- You do not need any formal qualifications to work as Food Trades Assistant, however a course in hospitality might be helpful in securing you a role.
- Food preparation skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to take, and follow direction and instruction
- Great multitasking skills
- Good under pressure
- Ability to adhere to work health and safety guidelines