Working as a General Clerk
Average salary: $50,000 - $85,000
General Clerks support organisations, by performing a variety of admin and clerical tasks.
If you're an organised ‘people’s person’, a general clerk role could be a great choice.
- Organising, planning and prioritising
- Communicating with colleagues, supervisors and customers
- Receiving, preparing, sorting, classifying and filing information
- Performing administrative, clerical and reception tasks
- Monitoring and controlling resources within the organisation
Experience and qualifications
- No formal qualifications are required to work as a general clerk, however, experience, or qualifications, in business or a related field will help you secure an interview.
- Communication skills
- Admin, reception and clerical skills
- Proficient with computers
- Time management
- Organisational skills