Workforce Australia is the name of the new system of employment support set up by the Australian Government to help us help you find a job. It replaced the existing jobactive program from 1 July 2022.
If you were registered with us for jobactive, your local employment consultant and the Department of Employment, Skills and Education will have contacted you to let you know if your service type or service provider has changed. Reach out to us at any stage if you’re unsure or confused. Change confuses most of us!
One of the key changes is that some job seekers will now be able to manage their own employment search through a new website portal.
This new, streamlined platform will allow you to:
- Carry out your own job searches
- Complete your own job reporting requirements to maintain your payments
- Sign up for online programs to increase or gain new skills
- Access tools to help with online learning and job searching
- Connect to a Digital Services Contact Centre via phone or email if you need help
- Apply for financial help for job requirements such as police checks or completing micro-credentials such as white cards
Others who had been identified as potentially requiring more support to find a suitable job will have been assigned to receive Enhanced Services from a local Workforce Australia Services provider for additional assistance.
That’s our branches and job coaches! Those participants will still be able access most of the digital support services, but have more direct assistance.
If you’ve been invited to join Workforce Australia for Digital Services but would still like to have the support of a provider instead, contact your local TSA Employment Plus office to see if you are eligible for Enhanced Services.
We understand change can be confusing and we’re here to help you get the most out of this new program. We’re still here to help you with interview preparation general advice, career guidance, facilitate training opportunities and to lend an ear when you need it most!