What is Workforce Australia?
Workforce Australia has replaced Jobactive as the Australian government’s initiative to reduce unemployment and help more Australians into secure, meaningful work. Sometimes known as 'the dole', Workforce Australia is a national program for job seekers that is coordinated through Centrelink.
The Workforce Australia network is made up of more than 1700 official Workforce Australia providers, like Employment Plus, who provide tailored employment and recruitment solutions, to help job seekers transition from welfare to work.
Am I eligible for Workforce Australia?
If you are currently unemployed, you can check with Centrelink to find out whether you are eligible for Workforce Australia provider support. They can also give you information about the different Workforce Australia providers available in your area, and can make an appointment for you, with your chosen provider.
Please note that job seekers with a disability of any kind may be eligible for services provided through Disability Employment Services (DES), rather than Workforce Australia.
What help is available for Workforce Australia job seekers through Employment Plus?
As an official Workforce Australia provider, we are able to connect our registered job seekers with some of the best employers in the country.
We understand that it’s never just a job. That’s why we work with you on a case-by-case basis to design an Employment Plan and personal job hunting strategy that works for you.
To do this, we can:
- Help you design and write a powerful resume and cover letter that will make people want to interview you.
- Give you interview coaching to give you a greater chance of succeeding.
- Give you access to activities that will help you gain the skills and experience local employers are looking for.
- Provide you with training and upskilling necessary to be work-ready, through our Training Plus program.
- Work with you to develop a job search plan, that reflects the local job market.
- Support you in participating in Work for the Dole.
- Give you access to free counselling if you need a little more personal support.
- Help you pay for any work-related expenses, professional development, certifications, and even work or interview clothing.
- Give you access to government wage subsidies, as an extra incentive for employers to want to hire you.
- Help overcome anything that might be holding you back, in order to find and keep a job you love.
Want to know more about Workforce Australia?
To find out more about Workforce Australia, check your eligibility, or to access job seeker programs or services, please speak to Centrelink, or call us on 136 123.