It’s never just a job for us, because we know that every person who walks through our doors has a completely different set of aspirations and needs when it comes to employment.
That’s why we are dedicated and committed to not only finding the perfect job for you, but also finding a job that is a perfect fit for your life and individual circumstances, and your abilities.
The Salvation Army Employment Plus has been connecting job seekers with employers for over 20 years, and ever since the 1800’s, The Salvation Army has been helping Australians most at need, find employment.
Here at Employment Plus, we look at employment a little differently. To us, a job is never just a job. We know that to you, it’s your future, your livelihood and a way to connect with society.
We’ve placed over half a million people in jobs in over 200,000 businesses, and we are proud to support those with a disability, injury or health condition.
Working with us is simple. First, we get you work ready, next we find you the right opportunity, and then we help you settle in so that the role can be fulfilling.
When you join Employment Plus, you get:
- One-on-one support to get the most out of your employment search.
- Assistance that will match your abilities, capacity and circumstances.
- A staff member that will work with you at your own pace towards employment.
- Help addressing any personal barriers, including facilitating retraining if you need to change work fields from previous careers.
- Access to education and training opportunities.
- Help to meet your activity requirements, if required.
- Direct job search assistance and help to develop the skills that will help you obtain suitable, but more importantly sustainable and fulfilling employment.
- Regular check-ups, to help set employment goals and plans, monitor progress and to work out when you are ready for the next step.
- Guidance, assistance, encouragement, as well as help building self-esteem and confidence.
- Referral and advocacy, to help you link into the local community and access health or other services.
- Practical support, assistance to help you attend interviews or provide payment for training, etc.
- Outreach activities, assistance for participants living in remote areas, or who have special needs.
Additionally, you will:
- Receive services tailored to your individual needs.
- Have the opportunity to participate in decision making.
- Be treated with dignity and have your privacy respected.
- Have access to a complaints and dispute resolution process.
- Be assisted by staff with relevant skills, training and experience.
Already with another DES provider?
The Australian Government’s recent updates to DES means that you are now able to choose any DES provider that you like, and can change your provider at any time.
Also, after the initial face-to-face meeting with your provider, your future meetings may now be held over the phone or on Skype.
Talk to us today about how we can work for you and find you the employment opportunity you deserve, by giving us a call on 136 123.
Register your interest
We are here and ready to talk to you about how we can help you find long term employment.
We are Relay Service Friendly. If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment:
1. Contact us through the National Relay Service
2. Provide the Employment Plus phone number 136 123
For more information, visit https://internet-relay.nrscall.gov.au/
Call our office on 136 123, or register with us by filling out the form below.