Working as a Commercial Cleaner
Average salary: $37,000 - $56,000
Commercial Cleaners are responsible for cleaning offices, residential complexes, commercial buildings, industrial work areas, hospitals, schools and construction sites.
If you’re physically fit, and are looking for flexible, easy to pick up work, then exploring a job as a Commercial Cleaner could be a good decision for you.
- Vacuuming, cleaning, dusting and polishing upholstery, furniture, equipment and the space itself
- Cleaning and disinfecting toilet, laundry and bathroom facilities
- Notifying management of any supply shortages, or required repairs
- Operating industrial cleaning equipment to clean surfaces, floors, machines and work spaces
- May include the use of solvents and acids to remove stains and dirt
Experience and qualifications
- You do not need any formal qualifications to work as a Commercial Cleaner, however training on the job and traineeships may be available.
- Physically fit and able
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great cleaning skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Strict adherence to work health and safety and hygiene standards