Working as a Forklift Driver
Average salary: $40,000 - $80,000
A Forklift Driver is an important addition to any warehouse or industrial operation, and it is their job to move bulky materials, containers, crates, goods on pallets, cartons and bales.
If you’re competent with operating a Forklift, or are ready to learn, perhaps considering a job as a Forklift Driver, is the right move.
- Operating forklifts to stack, and unstack items in warehouses, factories, timber yards and shipping terminals
- Transporting goods to their designated areas
- Ensuring goods are stored correctly and can be easily located
- Monitoring the equipment, and servicing and performing minor repairs as necessary
- May operate specialised vehicles items underneath elevated frames
Experience and qualifications
- You do not need any formal qualifications to work as a Forklift Driver, however undertaking a course in warehousing operation, may be helpful.
- Able to drive and maneuver a forklift
- Organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Operational skills
- Warehouse operation skills
- Good communication skills
- Great at following instructions
- Some mathematics skills are an advantage