Working as a Factory Process Worker
Average salary: $30,000 - $65,000
Factory Process Workers includes a number of occupations such as Cement and Concrete Plant Workers, Chemical Plant Workers, Clay Processing Factory Workers, Fabric and Textile Factory Workers, Footwear Factory Workers, Glass Processing Workers, Hide and Skin Processing Workers and Recycling Workers.
The work will vary, depending on what occupation you fall under, however most other factory process worker jobs involve routine tasks within processing facilities, plants and factories.
If you like organising things, and working in a warehouse or industrial environment, this might be a great job for you.
- Performing routine tasks in manufacturing cement or concrete products
- Performing routine tasks in a chemical processing plant
- Performing routine tasks in manufacturing clay and ceramic products
- Performing routine tasks in a fabric and textile factory
- Performing routine tasks in manufacturing glassware
- Performing routine tasks in tanning and finishing leather
Experience and qualifications
- No formal qualifications are required to work as a factory process worker, however you may need certain checks, tickets and licenses, such as:
- Construction induction card (white card)
- Forklift license
- Driver’s license
- Manual driver’s license
- Medium rigid (MR) driver’s license
- Operation and control
- Quality control analysis
- Equipment maintenance
- Time management