Working as a Security Officer and Guard
Average salary: $40,000 - $60,000
Security Officers and Guards provide security and investigation services, to individuals and organisations.
If you’re naturally curious and strategic, then perhaps you should consider a career as a Security Officer and Guard.
- Patrolling and monitoring property and checking consistently for unauthorised entry or access
- Monitoring the space for hazards, such as fires, lights left on, leaks, etc.
- Issuing security passes and giving directions
- Maintaining order in venues
- Conducting investigations, the findings of which to be used in court proceedings
- Advising on security requirements
Experience and qualifications
- You do not need any formal qualifications to work as a Security Officer or Guard, however VET qualifications may be useful.
- Physically fit and able
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Observational skills
- Willingness to keep order, and people safe